just looking to find out for some people the general hazards out there, and maybe some names for people that do tours and the like. I remember reading this awesome thread a year or two back that went through each of the zones detailing the best tracks, but ive gone through all 80 pages of search listings and cant seem to find it.

The only thing i remember was something like this:

"but if you do get caught in an avalanche here, probably your best bet is to try and jump that ridge". smile

If the person that wrote it is around, can you link me that, because it was really thorough and would be awesome help.

Ive already linked the myoko/hiuchi thread, but it doesnt really cover the dangers so much.

Honestly, im just trying to write a review on it and build some hype on the place. I reckon hakuba and Nozawa are decently well known to australian and US tourists, but myoko i think deserves a good few days of your holiday time too smile its all in a good cause then (unless youre saving your cash to buy a bit of cheap property there in the hope that the numbers go down a bit for a while). smile

nah, it was maybe a year or two ago i read it. (though the photos in spooks report are top notch and i want to steal them all - ill probably link that one in too, it might also offset my shiny happy 'myoko! yay!' review a bit :))

• 2 weeks later...