Today at Squaw Valley, CR Johnson passed away while doing the thing that he loved...skiing.

"Only the things you truly love will you pursue with that energy, and for me; my family, and friends, and skiing is what I have that is it for me, that's my life. The joy I get from skiing...now that's worth dying for."

Rest in Peace CR, always will be a true hero and pioneer of skiing.

Originally Posted By: Captain Stag
oh that sucks. Wonder if it had anything to do with his head injury a while ago. He always seemed so sensible and normal compared to Tanner Hall and his mates.

I met CR when he was with Tanner and all those guys. They were causing ruckus while CR and I were sitting there talking about where skiing was going in the future. Only got to meet him for 5 minutes but definitely one of the most real guys I have ever met. Can't say enough for his talent and passion for skiing. Just a remarkable person.

Gah, 2 people lost that I admire in no time apart.
Originally Posted By: Captain Stag
just heard he got caught up on some rocks going over a cliff and then went over head first onto rocks...

Yes Squaw has a famous chute that he has done a million times but it seems one time was enough to ruin the life of one of the greatest skiers.

Really goes to show you how dangerous skiing can be and what the consequences are for pushing the sport like he did. Like CR said, he would rather die living than live to die. I envy every day that he was on this earth and rest assured that he got the most out of life that he could.