Pauline Hanson moves to England.

Look out ol Blighty.

Quote:
THE woman who launched a political career on an anti-immigration platform is set to become an immigrant herself.

Only days after declaring she was finished with politics, the former One Nation leader, Pauline Hanson, has revealed plans to sell her Queensland property and resettle in Britain, potentially for good.

hanson_main-200x0.jpg

Here you go Pie eater, Bag of Crisps, Two Pints. She'll all yours wave dance

She rose to prominence about 10-12 years ago in Australia. She's a fish and chip shop owner who launched her own political party, "One Nation". You could safely regard it is as a right-wing party. It's core agenda was on restricting immigration and other racially based policies. They also had a couple of hilariously ill-thought out financial policies (one of them involved simply printing more money).

She was mocked, ridiculed and lampooned by mainstream Australian media. Mostly because she was viewed as racist. However, she managed to drum up a surprising amount of support accross Australia, so she obviously appealed to many people.

I don't have any time for her or her policies, but sje deserves some credit at least for speaking her mind and sticking to her principles. It would be nice if other politicians voiced some actual opinions, rather than running the safe party line all the time.

And, for a working class woman completely outside the political spectrum, you can't deny that she did have an astonishing amount of success within the political arena. On name recognition alone, I would say a far higher proportion of Australians would know of her, yet very few (including myself) could name significant Prime Ministers from the past. I couldn't even name half of the current Cabinet.

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
after 1 winter in Britain, she'll be back in the sunshine of Oz!! lol

there is some doubt as to whether she'd be allowed back in, something to do with "undesirables", I suspect! wink

Interesting that she chose Britain ....

what? Did she think that China, Japan, Malaysia or India might not want her?! rollabout

She certainly did stick to her principles and voice her opinion, and some were very harsh in criticism of her. But she was not the brightest of lassies, and a lot of her policies did stem from bigotry and lack of education.

Off you go Ms Hanson. But be sure you realize that Britain is not all white faces and English accents! Fresh start - show some tolerance!

Originally Posted By: Mantas
She's got no idea what she's in for.

yeah she's moving from a country with a pretty robust immigration door to one whose door has fallen off and open to anyone who wants to wander through!! lol