Sunday the 31st of Jan, Norn International Day.

Some of my Japanese friends alerted me to the fact that Norn was holding an international day on the 31st of January. Unfortunately, they only told me late on the 30th!

The deal was that you show your Gaijin Card and receive a one day ticket for 1500 yen. Yatta!

Unfortunately the snow was hard in the morning, and progressed into wet in the afternoon. It did mean riding all day with an open jacket, a t shirt and sunglasses! Kimochii!

andylaurel_15.JPG

There was also a Taiko demonstration.

andylaurel_14.JPG

Akemi rips!

andylaurel_13.JPG

Norn has a fun little park.

andylaurel_12.JPG

andylaurel_11.JPG

It's about 5 mins from the Minakami IC so it's very easily accessed. It wasn't bad, but it's not massive. There aren't any walls to ride, and the slopes aren't particularly wide. I'd say go and check it out if you can't be bothered battling 15 odd km of winding snowy mountain roads. It's just really conveniently located.

Another good thing, is that you can use your 500 yen shouhinken in the restaurants!

There was also "rice cake pounding" (omochitsuki), free, and "making Japanese soba" (300 yen).

Wish that we had more advanced notification of this, might have been fun to go!

These is exactly the kind of info that could easily be relayed to Snow Japan and posted as a public service announcement...

• SnowJapan Admin

I agree dyna8800 and we are thinking through how best to go about that kind of thing.

(Unfortunately there's more involved in it that just posting info).

Thanks, andylaurel!

I was actually in Minakami Kogen that day.

SJForums, I hear your pain...and you would probably have to establish criteria on which to publish and which not to.

For example, Snow Splash was also held the same weekend...but should you promote that commercial venture? Definitely the Norn one should have gone up, especially seeing as how they donated so many lift tickets for the Giveaway.