Hey y'all,

Planning on heading to Madarao on the 23rd or 24th of this month to take advantage of a free ticket I won courtesy of SnowJapan and was wondering if it's a resort that deserves two days worth of attention... if not, are there any recommendations in the area?

My usual haunt is Myoko Kogen so I'm aware of how close those resorts are. I've also been to Togakushi (and had a blast!). Are there any other resorts in the Madarao area that anyone would recommend?

Cheers!

Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
Planning on heading to Madarao on the 23rd or 24th of this month to take advantage of a free ticket I won courtesy of SnowJapan

think I won one of those, was wondering where it is. Thanks! Friend's visiting Japan for 2 weeks so will combine it with Nozawa, then head to Niigata and then possibly north, skiing on dump days and doing other touristy stuff the rest of the time.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to look into those resorts and make a game time decision based on snow. Definitely going to be at Madarao on the 23rd but it's a toss up for the 24th... oh decisions!

I'm going to get a lot more days on the hill this year because of these mad holidays my company has offered! Happy happY!

Wow, that Ryuo place looks well fun for the day. I was thinking about heading to Myoko after Madarao but I'd love to go somewhere new.

Does anyone have an opinion about where to stay? Would it be better to stay in Madarao, wake up and drive to Ryuo (seems like a bad idea to me)? Or should I finish up at Madarao and head over to Ryuo to stay the night? Anyone have any recommendations on places to stay? I checked the Shiga Kogen accommodations on this site but I have no idea what is close to that resort... help!

Great stuff guys. I'm going to be heading up to Madarao and Ryuoo this weekend. Staying in some hotel at the bottom of the lifts... can't remember the name though (Monday morning). If the weather cooperates expect lots of pics!

Iiyamadude, Ski et al. Wicked recommendation! Ryuoo was a great time. Steep, deep, brilliant views, not crowded and ski in ski out at a ridiculously cheap price. I'll be posting a TR soon~ish. Got a bit of work to catch up on so not sure how soon I can get it done!