Well, I guess I shouldn't be too bitter. I did get a few good days of turns at Pipu, Kamui, and Santa Present Park in and around Asahikawa before going on to Niseko. But man, the four days (30th to 2nd) at Anapuri had me more miserable than my 7yr old after Santa didn't bring her a DS. The winds were pretty intense and I'm actually surprised they allowed the quad to run as long as they did before shutting it down mid-day on the 1st and morning of the 2nd. We "threw in the towel" and left to catch the ferry at Tomakomai at 10 on the 2nd and the winds were still howling. Anyway, that's mother nature I guess and we're gearing up for a handful of trips to Hakuba in the next few months.

Does anyone know if there are any statistics available for lift closures due to the weather for any of the resorts in Japan ?

Someone once told me that is why the lifts rarely go to the top of the mountains in Japan, because of the high winds (esp at the big N).

Yeah...if you were up here just for the weekend you'd have been pretty gutted. So much snow falling, but hard to even stand up in the gales. I went out each day and tried a few turns, so of it was a lot of fun, but a lot of it was pretty horrid.

Yesterday was fabulous though - clear and smooth riding.

Yes, I too, did get out and rode that quad all day but it was moving so slow my legs were more sore from sitting on the lift than skiing....no joking. The "nightas" ended up being not half bad.

One thing I definitely had fun with was thrashing around in the LandCruiser...thing will just about go anywhere. groovy