So I'm Hirafu, the storm is forecast to break tomorrow and it's my first day off of the season. My housemate and I want to go on a roadtrip.. I've skied Rusutsu before and liked it a lot, but am keen to try somewhere new. Bit worried Kiroro will be too flat though. Any ideas?

Look at some of Mikepow's photos from Kiroro last season, it is anything but flat (if you know where to go). They have really been dumped on today as well so it will be deeeeep. Of course Rusutsu will be awesome as well...

MB's group won't know all the best spots in Rusutsu so I wouldn't worry about them too much razz

Jimmer if you go to Kiroro can you take some pic's please?

Love finding out about different places and adding them to the Bucket List. More things I have on the Bucket List hopefully the longer life I will have wink

I think it's going to be Kiroro, as I've skied Rusutsu before and will be working over there for a week in a fornight or so (you remember meeting me over there last year mike? ), plus Kiroro gives Hirafu pass holders a cheap pass so it's a no brainer really. Will try and get some of my roadtrip mates to take some photos.

Anyone night ski tonight? Lifts opened up around seven, I broke the traverse into Miharashi, fresh turns straight down the middle, then some awesome pillows the next few runs, it was gooood! smile

slap

I shall slap myself now (save anyone else the trouble) as I FORGOT my camera yesterday - so no photo's from Rusutsu! Gorgeous day it was too.

How did you go at Kiroro? Any pics?

Papa had the video camera out and got some decent video of most of us. The powder ninja's stepped off for the scary stuff from the getgo, but the bulk of the group were happy to ride the piste edge pow and tree's. Some of us are still learning to ride powder properly. Have to say - the powder at the piste edge was pretty amazing at the start of the day, and we still managed to find some totally untouched thigh deep stuff in the last minute before stumps. It doesn't get much better than what Rusutsu showed us yesterday - I hope your day in Kiroro was just as awesome.

I MUST work on my Japanese though - I think it took us about 10 minutes to get the message through to Ski Patrol that someone was really badly hurt off piste (spotted them from the chair) - wasn't until the Japanese speaking son got off the chairlift that we made them understand. Seeing that person with their vacation over reinforced that we were doing the right thing honing our skills to a level where we think we are able to manage a more hostile environment before stepping off.