Tokyo 'world's best place to eat'

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
Quote:
I love Japanese food???

Is that a question? It has me confused.

No not a question, just surprise on my part that thurs thinks he knows the type of person I am. Supposedly I like cheesburgers and don't appreciate the amazing food of Hokkaido. Rubbish of course as after skiing, food is one of my great passions in life. And I'm not snobbish about it, I like all food! biggrin

I am exactly the same Pie-eater!!

I have tried to change but my throat simply does not open, starts to spasm, I gag and my eyes water and almost pop out my head!!

Although I did try sushi this year.....TWICE!! The first time it was quite nice actually, in that i didn't have ANY fish flavour (it was some nice white coloured fish), the 2nd time wasn't bad as it was smothered in wasabi and thats all I could taste. After that I got brave and the bar was handing out freshly sashimied Tuna, so i grabbed a chunk and bit into it....only to get that horibble gag reflex!!

• 4 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
I am exactly the same Pie-eater!!
I have tried to change but my throat simply does not open, starts to spasm, I gag and my eyes water and almost pop out my head!!

Although I did try sushi this year.....TWICE!! The first time it was quite nice actually, in that i didn't have ANY fish flavour (it was some nice white coloured fish), the 2nd time wasn't bad as it was smothered in wasabi and thats all I could taste. After that I got brave and the bar was handing out freshly sashimied Tuna, so i grabbed a chunk and bit into it....only to get that horibble gag reflex!!

I can then only conclude that you have been gagging on some bacteria formed on not fresh sashimi.

Tuna when not fresh really is a gag order. Much like the girls who smell like tuna. That saying has some wisdom.

You should try crab.