Kinda of a backwards question but figured I'd ask anyway. It's about that time for me. Heading back to the states after two wonderful years in Japan. I really love the board that I bought here and want to take it back with me.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the best way (cheapest) to bring it back to the States?

Take the bindings off. Head to the post office and ask to to check the cost. Sending it via EMS or land will be cheapest depending on certain factors. I sent something back home to the states and ems was 850yen cheaper than by land and 2 weeks faster. It really depends on the weight size.

A snowboard via EMS would have cost a fortune compared to shipping - sent back a parcel last week, around 5kgs, and was quote almost 9,000yen via EMS, but the same amount by ship was 4000yen.

If you're not in any rush, then ship would be better; however, if you are in a rush and someone is there to pick it up for you then EMS would be better.

Hmmm yeah that's true. But when I looked into shipping, it takes about two months. I don't really wanna wait that long. EMS looks like it's going to cost me around 10,000 yen which isn't too bad. Especially considering it takes only 3 days.

If I were to bring it as extra baggage on the flight it would cost over $200