Yeah, I don`t know.Think in a halfpipe comp there are a variety of things they consider when scoring.The type of trick(invert etc),amplitude etc.And some categories count for more than others

I once asked someone why the snowboarding in the olympics was so tame relative to what they can do and the answer was that the scoring system is designed to reward snowboarders rather than acrobats.

I guess once you put it in the olympics any old gymnast could learn to snowboard and pull tricks that your average snobo can only dream of just to get a medal - not really the direction they want the sport to go in.

Style is great but Id like to see a mix of both.

A full on sloopy run sucks. But one ballsy trick and a bunch of stylie ones is pretty cool. I still think Candide through down the best pipe run at the Xgames.

Seems to me the pipe is all about the whirly bird these days. How many back to back big spins can you do. Not really all that fun to watch...but the air those guys get blows my freakin mind.

Just watched it myself. Phil needed to get higher and CR needed to stomp that last air. I didnt like Okazakis run all that much, he was busting high but the winter x games had better runs I think.