What now for expressways?

Seems the expressways charge issue seems to be one in this election.

Current guys seem to be saying that the 1000 yen deal that we have now at weekends might continue?

The new guys might be pushing for them eventually to become free.

Free sounds good at first, but they would become really busy and make them less appealing and also affect things like deliveries and overtime etc. Big hole where there used to be lots of cash. What with all the ETC investment too?

I reckon continuing the 1000 yen upper limit, but doing it on weekdays as well, might be a good way to go.

Whatever, can't see them going back to their "normal price" now... people are getting too used to them being more realistically charged.

What you reckon?

the Japanese gov aka tax payers have been sponsoring infrastructure projects in an attempt to kick start the ecconomy for the past 2 decades. Sponsor those tolls, go ahead, let mega profits start again for the foreign oil companies, as tolls go to petrol. clap

1000yen is nothing. So continue this and see how the roads look after 6 months.

The deal as it is right now though is all over the place and confusing (apart from the weekend 1000 yen thing). I think it needs to be tidied up and clearer, fairer.

even 1000yen thing is confusing. (because it usually costs more, and it is not clear why and they dont give a breakdown of which highway charged what). they should charge you each time you change highway, i dont care if it means putting up more toll gates. else, they should make it clearer on your payment reciept.