lol I laughed so hard I cried.

"I tripped you over"

rollabout

You created a monster indeed - welcome to my world!

He is seriously cute, and great on a board Mantas - have fun with him.

Oh and by the way - pretty handy camera work there Dad. What did you use? I am looking at getting Papa a helmetcam before Niseko, holding the video camera and riding is a bit awkward.

Cute...Mmmm, don't know about that.

He's no star on the footy field but he can ride just about anything.

MB I just used my still camera in movie mode. Very hard to ride with it up in your face.

Don't know about helmet cam, very limited use. I would recommend that he just buy/borrow/steel a cheap cam corder with a flip out screen. Strap in OVER the gloves and hold it out in front as you ride. Works really well.

OOOOOHHHHHHHhhhhooo

clap party groovy

there are some cool clips there !

euro-carve in action, well put together powder action ...

I really dig the whale curry segment in the beginning.

you're not wrong there, he can sure ride ! thumbsup

good one Mantas

cheers

Originally Posted By: Mantas
MB I just used my still camera in movie mode. Very hard to ride with it up in your face.
Don't know about helmet cam, very limited use. I would recommend that he just buy/borrow/steel a cheap cam corder with a flip out screen. Strap in OVER the gloves and hold it out in front as you ride. Works really well.

WOW.
Great work!
You kept it pretty steady and your boy in screen really well.

Papa used his video camera (not a cheapy though) with a flip out screen in Thredbo and followed me down, it was pretty good, but awkward for him. He is keen to get one of those helmet cam attachments that actually plugs into the existing video camera (carried in the backpack).
Originally Posted By: ger
>age 7
How did he get so good? ie. snowboarding with friends, taking lessons with other kids or did he just learn from old Dad?

That vid was taken on his 5th day. I put a lot of time in with him for the first 2 days. He picked up the basic concept of riding straight away, it was all the other stuff he struggled with ie. locking in, unlocking, lifts ect.
He spends a lot of time surfing and skateboarding at home as well.
I didn't start riding until my late twenties, lucky little bugger.

Impressive. I've got my own work cut out for me. It'll have to wait a few years coz my boy's only 18 month but once he starts riding then it'll be easier for me to get out --someone's got to take him to the mountain. ...Actually I thought it might be easier to start with skiing than boarding but I might rethink that. Of course surfing and skating would help too.