I am just making a powerpoint presentation at work and it reminded me of this really funny bellyflop I saw last year.

It was our annual meeting, all top managers come in from around the world, and during one session this fairly new guy who had been promoted recently had to present his plan and progress in front of 50 bigwigs.

He gets up and gallantly dives in with his opening pitch: a joke...

New guy: "This is my wife!" (clicks button on remote control to show the slide on the projector, but nothing happens...starts to click frantically...still just a whitescreen...everyone is puzzled)

New guy: erm hang on a minute

Bigwig: is your wife in the snow?

All: (chuckles)

New Guy: Ah sorry, my slideshow is broken. Its supposed to be a picture of my project strategy plan. (massive bellyflop)

All: (Silence)

New Guy: Ah OK now its working (slide appears, he carries on with the show, belly stinging).

Anyone else got any good bellyflop stories?

Yesterday afternoon. Pitch presentation from a hopeful vendor.

7 people from vendor company, 6 from us.

1. Projector didn't work even after he prepared it. Fiddled 5 minutes to get it working.

2. Terrible English, bad puns were bad enough, but we had difficulty understanding whole sentences.

3. On handing out samples across the table, he caught a glass and smashed it on the table, water goes everywhere.

At this point it was good for us to leave the room to have a good laugh.