Rugby League (Aust. NRL) 2009 Thread & Tipping

As a blue living among the maroon frogs in Qld, we can not win.

If Qld lose they just say "oh well it's just a dead rubber.

If they win the buggers crow "clean sweep"

I might have to emigrate ashamed

Originally Posted By: snowjunky
As a blue living among the maroon frogs in Qld, we can not win.
If Qld lose they just say "oh well it's just a dead rubber.
If they win the buggers crow "clean sweep"

I might have to emigrate ashamed

Well how anyone who loves snow could live in Qld is truly quite beyond me! I wouldn't even want to go on a holiday let alone live there!!
Originally Posted By: Indo
are there going to be any players left in the NRL?
Can't hold their piss like the AFL boys!

it's not the piss but the poo they can't hold. groovy
  • 3 weeks later...

Great comeback.

Good to see T-Rex (Tony Williams) go well, though he can still do more (and hopefully will build into that during the remaining games).

Among several bets on Manly, them to win by 22 pts almost came off - oh well, beating the Knights by 24 works too wink

Good pressure by the Sea Eagles, some relentless, some a bit loose, mostly pretty good, set the platform for thier offensive plays to start to fire.

It's just fantastic to see the Knights get a false sense of security, and all thier fans starting to drool in anticipation during the first 25 mins, only to have the Maroon & Whites shut them down, run over the top of thier opponents, and rip thier hearts out.

And it's all the better to watch & enjoy this in a club in the Newcastle area (as I did last night).. Stoked.

• 1 month later...

Only one round of Home v Away games to come, this weekend, which will finally sort out the top 8 finalists.. Exciting stuff!

We of course DON'T want the Broncos to come good..

With any luck the Raiders upset them at Lang Park, the Warriors best the Storm, and the Sea Eagles snap out of their wussy softness and dominate the Titans mightily at Brookvale next weekend.

To top that off the Dragons bouncing back to bring the Eels back to earth @ Kogarah and the Panthers ending the Knights' season @ Newcastle would make the entire deal oh soooooo sweeeet.

(Not that I'll likely tip those results wink

So the ladder for the teams in the hunt looks like this going into Rd26

1. Dogs 38 +169

2. Dragons 36 +182

3. Titans 36 +81

4. Storm 31 +127

5. Manly 30 +56

6. Broncos 30 -67

7. Eels 29 +40

8. Knights 28 -18

9. Panthers 27 -39

Games next week are...

Dragons v Eels

Tigers v Dogs

Manly v Titans

Sharks v Souths

Warriors v Storm

Roosters v Cowboys

Knights v Panthers

Broncos v Raiders

This is going to be a wild weekend I'd say with all those teams having a chance of moving positions.

FANTASTIC to see the Maroon & White engine firing on most cylinders.. It's about time.

Over the past several weeks they have had a few said cylinders seized up on & off razz

But not this weekend.

Such sweet, sweet revenge to welcome the Titans to real footy at Brookvale, with a crushing demolition.

Manly were pretty relentless - kept giving it to them and pushing them most of the plays.

That first effort by Watmough WAS A TRY too (ok, I had bet on him 1st try scorer, but it was anyway!)

What a great night under the full moon @ Brooky!

Go Sea Eagles!

Go the Toyota Cup Sea Eagles first and foremost now!

NRL Premiership: Now going for Eels, then Bulldogs I guess.

Hoping Eels beat the Titans in Sydney & the Broncos smash the Dwagons next week @ Lang Park to teach them a lesson, then the Eels & Bulldogs go all the way.

Come on Manly Sea Eagles under 20's vs Broncos @ Lang Park this evening!

This game kicks off around 5:30pm today.

Yesterday the under 20's Tigers beat the Raiders.

Need the mighty Maroon & White to fly high in some Rugby League finals, come on boys!

---

Good solid win to the Eels in the NRL last night too, I'll favour them to win over all others from now on.

• 2 weeks later...

What a disappointment last night at Docklands.

Damn Storm into another GF :(

For the love of all the heart, soul & history of rugby league, GO the PARRAMATTA EELS in the 2009 Grand Final!!

Massively disappointing results in both the under20's and first grade NRL GFs :(

Around 15-10 mins to go in 1st grade was pretty good - Eels looked like they were gonna break through and even up the scores.. THAT would have rocked, if they had and then gotten the win!

Oh well, at least we can reflect back on the fantastic 2008 GF - the best result for years, and be glad for the Storm's humiliation on that day.

Bring on season 2010 now.