I enjoyed it. From the bottom looking up, there's some fun stuff on the left side of the hill. Inbounds trees. I liked Sahoro better than tonari no Tomamu.

Try the loco moco (hamburger and fried egg donburi) at the ski center restaurant - it was ace!

Thanks chaps. Much appreciated. I`ll head up there in a few days. Thanks for the ace food tip Ez.

I`ve just been pleasantly surprised by the word from some crew here in Furano who say they`ve been ducking ropes all week without any drama. Sahoro can wait. Alpine Lodge in Furano does lift tix for 3500 too!

Snowing all arvo and evening. Sweet.

Demiglace usually is a veal stock and aromatic vegetables rendered down into a rich sauce. Mmm. It's like TB says - a rich, slightly tangy gravy, with a velvety smooth veal flavor.

Sorry, thursday - no beer during lunch that day.

• 1 year later...

OK. Shortlisted Sahoro for several reasons:

1. Kid club. Drop the nipper off in the mroning, disappear for the day. party

2. Accomodation includes lift pass wavey

3. Food looked good from the travel program. yummy

4. Free drinks all day cheers

5. Want to relive my Club Med days. groovy not.

Hope you enjoy it!

I didn't get out that way this past season, but I'll try hitting Sahoro or Tomamu this coming season again (hopefully Sahoro, since the lift layout is less stupid and the food is better).

Not going this year though I have been previously.

Actually I wouldn't go again.

A few friends went and weren't too impressed.

They didn't really enjoy the fact that it was very English environment, said it took away from the fun of the trip to Japan.

Originally Posted By: Ezorisu
Hope you enjoy it!

I didn't get out that way this past season, but I'll try hitting Sahoro or Tomamu this coming season again (hopefully Sahoro, since the lift layout is less stupid and the food is better).

Oh yes, the food bit should be good.
Originally Posted By: lin
Not going this year though I have been previously.
Actually I wouldn't go again.
A few friends went and weren't too impressed.
They didn't really enjoy the fact that it was very English environment, said it took away from the fun of the trip to Japan.

English speaking environment or not, don't really bother me. The snow, the skiing and the food matters.

Good!

Though I'm not sure I agree on the food.

(Do you like find them anywhere Western-style buffets?)

Your trip's a ways off yet, but don't forget to update us on the food (and beer) when you get there! ...oh, man, I can't remember if there were any available local microbrews when I was there...