I went to Kagura today. Got there just before 10am and was able to walk onto that Ropeway.

Snow conditions - generally OK, though not as good as we expect them to be at Kagura in early February. There was some scraping sounds going on, especially in Mitsumata, with the best snow in Tashiro I reckon. Surely Kagura has the best snow conditions in the Yuzawa area at the moment though.

I like Kagura when you actually get to that central area, but it always seems to take so long to get there and move about the place... if only we could get there quicker....

It was a strange day weather wise. There were deep blue skies in one direction, cloudy in another to the north and lighter hazy blue towards Naeba. It made for some interesting and curious shades and contrasts in places - you might see some of that in the photos below.

Forgot the cheese (sorry cheeseman - will try to rememeber next time).

Anyway here's some photos with more in my gallery. I never feel that Kagura is that good a place for views, but there were some decent ones to be had today.

muikabochi_1191.jpg

muikabochi_1171.jpg

muikabochi_1185.jpg

muikabochi_1192.jpg

muikabochi_1174.jpg

muikabochi_1165.jpg

muikabochi_1168.jpg

muikabochi_1197.jpg

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
I went to Kagura today. Got there just before 10am and was able to walk onto that Ropeway.

Great shots as always Muika-san

just dont understand the above....10am -walk - ropeway....

muika, as always, you amaze me with the quality of your pics.

Absolutely awesome would be appropriate!

Damn Fine, is another way to say it!

Thank you. I must admit though that a large number of my shots are basically point and click. I don't spend hours fiddling around with settings (well, most of the time). The beautiful scenery should be praised for being so beautiful (and the camera for being so good!). I'm just happy to share it and have a lot of fun with it myself.

Some more coming up this afternoon, just come back from Hakkai-san.

Nikon DSLR. No special case, just a small backpack thingy on my back. I only take the good camera out though on days like today. If it's snowing, a) I probably won't be skiing but B) if I am skiing, I'll either take the Cybershot or no camera.

friend

I was thinking this weekend might be a good chance as I'll probably be on the hill with my wife and not tearing it up too much (although she's turning into quite the ripper these days!) If I do I'll be sure to post a couple of my own!

Why won't you be skiing it it's snowing?

I prefer fine days, preferably after 20cm fresh snow overnight.

Call me a wuss, go on! lol

I live here with 10 resorts within 20 minutes drive, so I can pick and choose when to go. One of the advantages. wink

I can't remember the name of my lenses. As you can tell, not very technical, I'm not a camera nerd. I'll check and post later.

OK checked.

I have 3 lenses.

Nikkor 18-200mm. The default one.

Nikkor 12-24mm wide. Love it. Brilliant. Takes fantastic photos.

Nikkor 10.5mm fisheye. Love it. And very probably overuse it!