While I'm asking questions..

Can anyone tell me about skins? will those short half skins be enough or should I get full skins (if I get the half ones I may be able to use them on both sets of skis). or should I get both the short and the long ones.

What brands are good or are they all the same?

all brands are not the same.

how steep are you climbing? steep climbing dont get short skins...kickerstickers. if your doing lots of traversing then they are ok i think.

these days i like G3 products. the owner was feed up with crap gear and made a company out of his garage. here is a link to help you out. http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_listing.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=678587&bmUID=1063410871992

read the sizing chart and etc for good info.

Where i used to climb it was steepish and it was much better to use full nylon or mohair skins then kicker stickers or snake skins ps snake skins snap.

are you going to get touring adaptors or bindings

I'm thinking I'll get the adaptors rather than the bindings - I dont really know what I'll be climbing up so I'll prolly go with the full ones. What about attaching them to seth pistols - the tails are a bit unusual do you think thatll be a problem?

maybe no. you need to buy an attachment. one on the reasons i bought the lbfs was that the tail was a rather normal turned up one. ps go to a japanese shop for your first pair get them fitted properly both for width and length. trimming your first pair and fitting your first pair is not easy if you have no clue.

I've got the red G3 skins. I almost bust my guts trying to get them apart. So sticky.

And not that important but:

if you are cutting them yourself its best to make tip and tail same width so that there is no sticky parts exposed when you fold them over on themselves.