• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the invite but have not completed my b/c setup. Only have my skins and a shovel. If I am lucky I will be getting a beacon for Christmas but that is still a bit away.

Maybe in the new year.

I have to get skiing soon though. I am going crazy.

And where is Takasu. Sounds familier.

Last night I went and looked at the Yahoo Auction. I really liked the Scratch's. I am hoping to maybe inquire about them this weekend.

New scratch's would be great. They are really nice skis.

As for the tour I want to wait until I get either new skis or figure out if I am going to stay with my 1080's. My skins are cut for my old 198 vipers and if I am going to cut them way down I want to be sure I don't screw myself over by making them fit only one pair of skis. If I get the 182 Scratch's I should be able to cut the skins to be able to fit both pairs.

So you see my problem.

And snow is also a problem as well.

If I tell you. I'll have to kill you.

Those are mine. But its there if you look back like a dozen posts.

I am having trouble getting a knowledgeable person to help me buy them. I really want them. Are there more than one pair.

You better look hard cause the guy at the local ski shop said there are not many left in Japan. Also Japan doesnt order many. Get someone you know to pull out the yellow pages and start finding the stores in Nagoya.

The pocket rockets are a pretty good deal.

My ski store guy called the Rossignol rep for me and he said that they are really short in Japan for the Scratchs. Kind of sucks.

But I have a couple options now.

185 Pocket Rockets - 52,000

180 Volkl V Pro - 55,000

183 Volkl Gotama - 65,000

So I will probably end up with the Pocket Rockets as the other good deal is for the V-Pro and they arn't actually that fat. But I like having options.

Good deal. I actually have a spare pair from my predocessor but they are for normal skis. I know back home that sometimes ski techs can bend the brakes. Actually I have seen it done. That is what I am hoping to do.

Wonder if they do that here. Hopefully as I don't shell out for bindings as well but if I have to well then I guess I have to.