Anybody else just get back to J-land? I got in around 10pm Sat night and jetlag is killing me. I woke up early yesterday and got to work (just to catch up on this Mt. Fuji pile I have on my desk) around 8am, then worked till bout 3. Rode my mtn bike after that and fought trying not to fall asleep until 11pm. Woke up at 5am today and got to work before 7 to deal with all the stuff I have here. Im sure Ill be over it in the next few days, but I feel like a zombie right now, have a sore throat, had to explain a million things to my HR kids, so now it hurts even more. Classes start tomorrow and I have NOTHING ready. Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit shifty

I am still not sleeping proper and I've been back a fair few days now. I find I can't get to sleep until well past midnight. Last night was the earliest so far (1am) but the few nights previous I was still awake after 2am.

Thats from the UK, I suppose its the other way round from the US. When I go back to the UK I usually sleep well, but wake up early in the morning.

If you go to Europe, its much worse coming back to Japan.

Its the difference between staying up late when you go and flipping through a weird shortened night on the way back.

For some strange reason, I have worst jetlag if I fly back from the states than from Greece.

Most probably because the flights connecting from Greece arrive in Japan in the afternoon or in the night. So basically I just go to bed and wake up next morning.

Still not able to sleep normal time.

Last night I was enthralled with the football transfer drama though, had to drag myself away from that!

Yawn.

Melatonin. Pop a couple 30 mins before sleep the first 3 or 4 nights to stop you from waking early (or if you wake you can go back to sleep). I also take it on the plane and try and sleep.

Oh yeh, early morning exercise and swimming helps too.

Also sharing the jet lag pain here, just returned from the UK after a 3 year hiatus of going back. If this is how I always feel after getting bac then it'll be at least another 3 before I go back again!! Jet lag sucks, I also blame the smash sessions catching up over the last 10 days! My liver now needs a small holiday.