There's no way I would set foot inside a fake skiing joint unless they gave me an independently verified guarantee that 100% of their power comes from renewable sources. Same goes for wave pools, fake kayaking rapids, and (if the global warming predictions continue getting grimmer and grimmer) maybe even nighta.

It's gonna be tough enough breaking our fossil fuel habit as it is.

Apparently the dudes in Perth, West Australia are gonna use renewable.

Originally Posted By: Greenroome
There's no way I would set foot inside a fake skiing joint unless they gave me an independently verified guarantee that 100% of their power comes from renewable sources. Same goes for wave pools, fake kayaking rapids, and (if the global warming predictions continue getting grimmer and grimmer) maybe even nighta.

It's gonna be tough enough breaking our fossil fuel habit as it is.

Apparently the dudes in Perth, West Australia are gonna use renewable.

You are going to spend a long time looking for a ski resort that runs its lifts on renewables.If you do I think you will find yourself limited. oops

According to the promotional material they are indeed looking at filling the roof with solar panels on the new one set for Perth.

Whether that would meet 100% of the energy requirements or not is debatable.

As far as Ski Resorts using renewable energy - all the lifts at Falls Creek proudly display signs saying that they are run on 100% renewable energy. I believe (and am happy to be corrected if wrong) that the NSW and VIC resorts are all powered by hydroelectrics, and the power they produce meets the needs of not only the ski fields but the local communities as well.