Hi everybody!I'm french, and I'm new on this forum.

I will be in Japan(Tokyo)from december to work.I'd like to know if anybody sometimes do 2 days trip from Tokyo, especially on WE.

What's the cheaper way to ride around Tokyo(transport, resort,...).

Please help me, and let's meet us on december!

No problems there. If you take the Shinkansen up to Yuzawa you'll easy be able to do that. It's just about 80 minutes or so there and a fair bit of choice of decent places when you get there. It may not be cheap, but it certainly is convenient.

Quote:
Originally posted by sedorikku:
....let's meet us on december!
Are you sure your not Japanese?? \:D

Anyway, it is possible to do a 2 day WE trip from Tokyo, by shinkansen, cheap accom and eating ok for Y25,000. Some places will allow a cheaper weekend, some more expensive, but I use 25,000 as my 2 day trip budget minimum.

(Note, I use Yen20,000 as my 1 day trip budget minimum, ergo, 2 day trips are indeed, the trip.)

Yes lets doing it.

Here's a trip I did last season, not the cheapest possible but it was good fun.

Round trip to yuzawa - just under 12000 yen

Shuttle to resorts from station and reverse - free

Overnight - 10000 yen for 2 nights (a place called Asahikan, very friendly, in the places to stay section of this site)

Lift tickets - about 12000 yen for 3 days

So total was about 34000 yen for 3 days riding and a nice stayover. Oops, might need some food & drink on top of that ;\)

Lots of choices from Tokyo, but of course 3 days is better than 2. 2 days just seems so rushed, but if that's all you can get..... I like the 5 day trips myself ;\)

• 2 weeks later...

An alternative to Yuzawa is Kusatsu Kokusai (草津国際). Skiing is not bad and I quite like the long runs (8km?).

I think the onsens are some of the best in Japan. A two days package should cost you around JPY25,000 unless you stay in some of the very fine traditional inns which could cost around JPY40,000.

Why's that? I am a snowboarder and rather like Kusatsu. Granted the snow condition has not always been good but I like the long runs. On both my visits I stayed at the Japanese inn called Yamamoto which has a superb onsen and okami (女将). I plan to go back there again this year.

If you use a ski bus that departs from various major stations it is about 12000JPY RT. Both JTB and Sun&Sun operates those things. SJ may have some information. I have never used this but may be someone on the Forum has.