Train is by far the best option. Can you navigate Japanese raods and highways? Bullet train from Kyoto to Nagoya, then change for an express straight to Hakuba station. No stress and you can kick back with a few beers and enjoy the views.

i know people that drove last season it is not hard.

drive to nagoya when you are almost through nagoya there will be a junction for the Chuo highway. take the Chuo for about 2 hours and then get onto the nagano bound highway. Get off at toyoshina and follow the signs to hakuba.

• 3 months later...

seems like it is snowing in happo right now.

cb and i are driving up there this weekend (sorry d33 for hijack..) and wondering if anyone else's coming and need a ride.

leaving kyoto 8ish pm on friday the 21st and

coming back on the 24th leaving happo 2ish.

i drive to my work from mon to fri

and then drive up to hakuba on the weekend,

that is a lot of driving and no good for our environment at all.

sorry about that so at least i would like to share a lift if possible in winter.

big-will, err daikon? 大根 ã ã„ã“ん (big root) =)

ger, cb stayed in kansai and i went up. was a skiier and puttier this wknd. good time. my senpai's friend who works in osaka during a week and teaches kyokushin karate in nagano city every weekend was driving last night and it was snowing heavily espacially from toyoshina to okaya junction. so today might have been good.

when are you thinking of going up this winter? lets plan in advance so more people in the car wave

i saw my twin last that was skyline happo with his injured thigh. looking forward to going up with davo and rest, sg =)

thursday, treacherous and woman, what do you imply?

takes about 4.5 hours from k to h.

• 2 weeks later...

We'll try and get a group together. If we get more than three or four people we could even go in two cars (I can could take my car). Hopefully CB can come this time too (so he can lend me some of his powder boards!!) wink smile