1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Mini Me Tarzan was playing with my friend's children's dolls the other day and loved them. He called them babies and was fascinated with the facial features. Decided that when I get chance I'm going to buy him one. I told my students today and one of them actually physically jumped and looked horrified.

Just wondering what the general concensus is? I have no problems giving him a doll and I think that saying "no that's girls toy" or something is kind of sad.

I had teddies and animals for my eldest boy, but when his baby brother was born he was 19 months old - and this was when I gave him a baby doll (so he had a baby too). I managed to get a boy doll - anatomically correct - as he could relate to it, and as luck would have it - baby was a boy too.

In fact a couple of years later when I was babysitting a girl - they were most alarmed at what lay under the nappy and exclaimed "Mummy, she has got two BUMS!"

Ooops back on topic - since then we have had baby dolls, GIJoe dolls and all sorts of other action figures. No barbies...however one of the boys brought home a mangled barbie from a friends house - the friend had a sister and they made a voodoo doll out of one of her discarded barbies!! LOL!

Most boys will dump the dollies as they get older - but they are totally harmless when they are little.

Action figures are NOT dolls!!!

hehe, funny to hear all the stories. The "2 bums" story brought a smile to me as it reminded me of how when I was VERY young I was so astounded by my friend Jane's ability to pee out of her "bum" that I told my mum!! lol (which she has relayed back to me on more than one occassion over the years)

The thing is, I believe that no harm will come of it as sexual preference is already set IMO. People are either born gay or straight (only confused ppl are bi wink ) and it won't make any difference to the kid. I

No problem with that. My little boy's mates would all come around and dress up in my daughters dress up cloths. It was hilarious to watch little boys that would normally be wrestling each other and playing football all running around in two twos and fairy dresses.

It's just a phase they go through.