Lots of threads with people "quoting their quivers" and comparing specs. But how many out there are still getting good miles out of their old gear? I am riding on the faithful old stuff that is still giving good service so why change? (voice in back of head speaks " you are a cheap bastard" :p )

My skiis and board are 1998 models and still hanging in there.

Atlantis snowboards from back then are indestructable!!! seriously I've hit massive rocks, collided heavily base first into trees and the board takes it all and asks for more.

Snowboard boots after 100 plus days look brandnew and still performing.

I am rare or are there others out there still on their faithfull planks/sticks?

yup, I'm still on '99 volkls. i love those skis. the only problem is that they're still skinny underfoot, and the bindings are a bit toast. i went to a couple of big ski stores, and found racks and racks and racks of skis, more new skis than i've ever seen in one place before, and was extremely disapointed to find none wider than 80mm (solomon 1080's), or longer than 181cm. 181cm?!? I haven't had skis shorter than 185cm since I was 8!!! Does anybody know anywhere in Nagoya/Osaka/Gifu that has any big powder boards?

> I've hit massive rocks, collided heavily base first into trees

Sounds like some seriously careless riding there.

I can't help pawing all the boards everytime I go in a shop, and it can only be a matter of time before I get another one...

And some Flow bindings.

Oufreeski2 knows where all the shops are in nagoya hit him up via a private message. Heis buying scratch BCs this year.

Shiga moriyama sports search the name.

Kyoto mitsuhashi sports but only one pair of seth pistols, but a small shop near there has tons of fats.

Osaka near namba there are a few big shops cant quite remember the names though.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
> I've hit massive rocks, collided heavily base first into trees

Sounds like some seriously careless riding there.

Nah dude you try riding in Enzed on a 40cm base and you will see what I mean, there is no dirt under the white stuff just giant jagged rocks. People have early season "rock" boards to deal with it.

The tree yes, was carelss though, wiped out and tumbled in the trees and slammed into a tree my board wrapped around the tree U shaped, jammed into the snow. Scary but exhilerating stuff.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
And some Flow bindings.
hang on, didn't you piss and moan like an old English woman last season about getting step-ins?? You got them right? Now you want to get Flow.

You could have saved the pork chop antics and just followed my advice from the start. Go the Flow bindings.

Worry not, you are hardly the first person to take the long route just to end up where I suggested from the beginning.

Not Exactly...but I don't throw out, trade, ebay away, give or otherwise dispose of my gear. Too many memories living in each snowboard artifact I own. I suppose someday Pedro's Cantina will have the walls adorned with my antique goods.

I love looking at my first goggles, how did I survive with those old bindings.......my 164 original sin...my first set of crutches...OH the memories!!

But sorry, not true to this thread. I also need all the newest stuff every season. \:\(

Thanks for the input, fattwins. I'm pretty flexible for brands - I love the stiffer feel of the volkls (so an ax4, explosiv, or older model g4's would be good), but I used to ride K2s, and like their cheaper price tag. I'm heading to Niseko in December, and probably won't do a lot of skiing before that, so do you think there's a better/cheaper selection up there? Do ski stores tend to sell demos or last years models for good prices? I'll send Oufreeski2 an email to check on stores in Nagoya.