Could it possibly get much better?

Won the league

Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea trophyless, City owner goes bonkers

Won the CL

50 years after Munich

Did it on pens, which, while not as good as winning it outright, is even better this time cos it meant Chelsea losing on pens

Drogba gets sent off

Terry misses penalty to win it

Kenyon goes up for loser's medal

Bobby goes up for winner's medal

Giggsy scores winning pen on night he becomes most capped player

LEGEND!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

""Did you see when Drogba got the red, Terry went up to Tevez and said something into his shirt so that the camera couldn't pick up what he said. Sure looked like that on the replay.""

Sure did. Don't know if it was just him saying something he didn't want the rest of the world to see, or whether the rumours of him spitting on Tevez is true. Whichever, I also do not like Terry and was very happy to see him totally deflated. Don't worry about him lads, he's earning more than your annual salary this week.

Originally Posted By: giggsy

Won the league

Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea trophyless, City owner goes bonkers

Won the CL

50 years after Munich

Did it on pens, which, while not as good as winning it outright, is even better this time cos it meant Chelsea losing on pens

Drogba gets sent off

Terry misses penalty to win it

Kenyon goes up for loser's medal

Bobby goes up for winner's medal

LEGEND!

yeah but City did the double over you!

Recall notice

21/05/08 - John Terry Football Boots - Recall

Date: 21st May 2008

The following notice has been published in the national press:

IMPORTANT SAFETY ADVICE

JOHN TERRY FOOTBALL BOOTS

We have just become aware that this product, which should have included studs, was actually supplied a smooth rubber sole, and has been found to be unsuitable for playing football, on wet surfaces.

If you have purchased any of these boots (pictured), they should be immediately disposed of, in the main household refuse.

Haha, yes - good point, but it hardly seems significant now...

yeah just a blip,,,, you also forgot to metion 40 years after their first triumph

no not grumpy ....just thought its a good aniversary 40 years on after beating Benfica 4-1 at Wembley to win the European Cup for the first time.

Take That and Sky think it's Ruling The World wink

I agree!

I'm with you scouser - winning the Champions League is way beyond England winning the World Cup. When you already have the Premier League in the bag. Oh yesssss!

banner banner banner

What a game, I watched some of the game, the penalties and all that lot after again.

I'm so happy biggrin

Nani is easily my least favorite United player, but he scored last night so he's ok for that!

LEGEND!

Your man missed one that looked easier to score.
At least it didn't cost you like the last big final he did it in. evilgrin

Fergie. One of a kind got to admit

Quote:
First you have the belief of how your team should play – and then you put in place all the pieces. After his first ecstatic rush across the rain-greased field in the small hours of yesterday morning here, Ferguson seemed to retire somewhat into himself.

Of course, he made the ritual claim that United were the better side – in some ways they were, in others they weren't – but for some it was only to confirm the suspicion that in him the fight is at least as important as the winning.

Soon after the match he came close to confirming the theory. He said, "I'm very proud. Sometimes you have to pinch yourself. I think the greatest asset is that I don't get carried away with it. Tomorrow morning I'm thinking about next season. It drains away from me quickly. Euphoria evaporates almost immediately, and then I move on. It is just something in me to recreate that drug again."