Same here yos - i was quite surprised to hear how many of the families really seem to be struggling. Of course, it doesn't help that some of them have 4 kids... thats a different topic I suppose!

Originally Posted By: AET
Same here yos - i was quite surprised to hear how many of the families really seem to be struggling. Of course, it doesn't help that some of them have 4 kids... thats a different topic I suppose!

That's a lot of kids for a Japanese Family isn't it?

Number of kids does have an impact on your economic situation - undoubtedly, but people most often make the choice to have more than average numbers of children because they desire it so, and can afford it. Has perhaps the economy changed dramatically since these kids were born, therefore leaving the parents in a financial unstable condition? I know there are always those that have children with little thought to how they will finance raising them, but surely that is a minority! wakaranai.gif
 Originally Posted By: soubriquet
It`s a free society. Ethnic Koreans are perfectly free to leave Japan if they want. They can also become Japanese. If they choose neither and simply bitch then they deserve the sympathy they get.

im sure there are those who have chosen neither and don't bitch nor complain. smile.gif
It`s a free society. Ethnic Koreans are perfectly free to leave Japan if they want. They can also become Japanese. If they choose neither and simply bitch then they deserve the sympathy they get.

Japan is a free country. People are free to make their lives, or wallow in self pity. Victims are free to make their choices.

I suggest you actually do some reading on Japan's past/present treatment of Koreans and Burakumin, just to name a few. We could also add Ainu and Okinawans but we dont wanna bog you down with too much reading for now. Seriously, if you actually knew anything about this subject, I would hope, you wouldnt say those comments above.
 Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
Don't parents have to pay a certain amount in fees for JHS anyway? Could the lunch fee be tacked onto that?

mr. wiggs, the last 3 jhs/shs schools I have been at students have either had a bento made for them, or they paid for it at school daily. At my current school the kids have to pay for it as well. Our shs kids can also leave school grounds for lunch and go eat somewhere else.

I asked AET a page back if it was ele, jhs, etc to find out. I was under the impression that at elementary schools kyushoku was included with fees or they paid for it annually bc I have never seen a kid that young pay for lunch with money. But, Im only guesstimating...