I think what you're getting at Fattwins is that Niseko is marketed as the powder capitol of the world and why shouldn't people get upset if they don't actually get some of that famed powder. It's true that there'd be very few ski areas anywhere in the world that could claim as many powder days on average as Niseko and sure if I came over for a week and didn't get any powder I'd be a little disappointed too.

I'd say that you always have to be realistic about marketing hype though. And that whatever ski area you go to anywhere in the world you can never expect guaranteed great snow for the short period you may be there. I think MB is just pointing out that you shouldn't let the snow conditions, which you know may be variable, ruin your whole trip (Aussies are well practiced at this).

I'd also say that March is usually awesome in Niseko. I know some of the best days skiing I've ever had here have been in March. This last March was the driest and warmest on record which was unfortunate for those seeking powder. Let's hope it was only a once in a hundred years or so anomaly!

Ahhhh.... I think I get FT's objection.

It is not to the dialogue here - it is my use of the term "control freak" - Yep, fair enough...I could perhaps have found a better descriptor.

I must admit to having a couple of people I know in my mind at the time, and I think those people find things beyond thier control instils quite a panicked feeling of helplessness and when they are unable to control the situation find it very difficult to just go with the flow and adapt and enjoy. I certainly wasn't intending to call all people who experience disappointment contol freaks. We all get disappointed - that is the reaction to stimulii....it is what we do with that disappointment that is variable dependent on our personality and state of mind.

As Mike suggested - you can do other things if the one thing you went for is unavailable. As Thurs expereinced - a good time can be had even though the conditions were not optimal - and the stories you are left with of the 'bizarre' conditions give you some milage as well.

Take out your objection to the term 'control freak' which was colored by the people in my personal frame of reference, and I think my perspective is far from BS. But, you know, it is totally OK if you see the world of experience and disappointment differently to me, and I am not gonna tell you your opinion is BS either - you are entitled to it.