Hi there..

Just wondering if anyone had any idea's if the resorts around the Myoko area do a season pass.. and If so how much (roughly) would it be? I've been searching for a while and I can't find a thing about season passes! Same goes for Shiga-Kogen...

Just doing some research about where to base my self for ~2months in JP \:\)

cheers!!

Ewok had a pass for Shiga Kogen I think, she should be able to help you there.

Depending on where you are basing yourself of course, but assuming your just gonna be in Tokyo (for arguments sake), all areas of Nagano, Niigata and Gunma are easily accessed from Tokyo.

Thanks for that.. I was planning more at basing my self at somewhere like Myoko and and renting a place there.. or at another resort.. I don't want to travel to and from tokyo much \:\)

thanks for the replies!!

I've done a fair bit of research with a japanese friend and it looks like Naeba is going to be my main pick.. Does anyone know how the japanese are with offering cash in hand part time jobs to gaijin? I want to spend most of my time on the snow and not working, but I would also like to work to meet some people.. I am just not sure how by the books they are in regards to things like that..

Well I guess, I just wanted a large resort which offered a lot of different runs to help prevent my self from getting bored since I will be there for about 2 or so months.. and I guess not being as popular with the foreigners puts a little more presure on me to improve my Japanese (I know it wont make THAT much of a difference how many foreigners are around really...)

Do you have any other suggestions? \:\)

I've been to Furano and Hakuba and I was up for trying something different

Not really, I'm sure you'll have fun there. Naeba is connected to Tashiro/Kagura by the Dragondola so that opens up a lot of terrain for you. Also if you do get fed up, there are plenty other smaller ski resorts in the area that could keep you occupied!!