Hi everyone.

I'm new to the forum and am looking for some quick advice. I'm staying in Nagoya with a friend and am leaving on the 20th. I've heard great things about the snowboarding in Japan and would love to go for one day before I leave. My friend said Nagano, but she isn’t a skier/snowboarder so that’s where her advice ended. There seem to be a ton of resorts and I wasn’t sure if there would even be any snow left.

This late in the season and with my skill level (beginner to intermediate) what resort(s) would be best for me to go to?

Thanks in advance.

Danny

Originally Posted By: dburke

Hi everyone.

I'm new to the forum and am looking for some quick advice. I'm staying in Nagoya with a friend and am leaving on the 20th. I've heard great things about the snowboarding in Japan and would love to go for one day before I leave. My friend said Nagano, but she isn’t a skier/snowboarder so that’s where her advice ended. There seem to be a ton of resorts and I wasn’t sure if there would even be any snow left.

This late in the season and with my skill level (beginner to intermediate) what resort(s) would be best for me to go to?

Thanks in advance.

Danny

Welcome to the forum Danny!

Well I guess if you want to go to Nagano, then Shiga Kogen or Hakuba would have to be your choice this time of year, If you are able to get over to Myoko in Niigata, just over from Nagano, then there would also be ok.

You may wish to ask some of the ones on this forum who have been to either of the resorts recently to check on conditions, but should be ok.