As a non driver I have relied on the various package deals to get me to the slopes, whether that is with the Shink deals or the bus deals. Now though it would seem that JR and the usual bus companies (Big Holiday) have stopped going to the mountains, does anyone know of any regular bus companies that leave the tokyo area for the mountains. I know JR obviously still run their Shinkansen's but I'd rather avoid as much cost as possible.

Cheers,

TB

haha, Stunts, sorry mate but I am licence free!! I don't drive, but after listening to Loon's "American rock" all the way to Kagura I reckon I can take anything!!!!

I'd be up for a car ride, but I can only go on weekends now. can be up at Tokyo station at 6am at the earliest. If its cool, great, if not....shogunai yo!! \:\)

Same goes for me TB, sorry. When I do 1 day trips up to kagura, then I usually leave early in the morning. This weekend I am gonna be in Haks, so I will leave sometime after 18:00 on Friday. If you can make it up to Tokyo in time you are welcome to get a ride with me.

Snowbender's Bender is a good trip out to the mountains too. Usually to Shiga Kogen/Nozawa/Myoko. And not that often, but good company, good beer (for the passangers) and good sounds. Not very expensive either, just share the gas.