A question for you car people out there.

I just changed my tyres on the car from winter to summer. It may just be my imagination, but the steering feels less responsive now. I thought it was the other way round. When he changed the tyres he didn't do anything else (or didn't seem to) - does this sound right?

Thanks

That was the only immediate idea that could come to mind. It could just be a mental adjustment thing also.

If you feel its not a safety issue, give yourself about a month on the spring tires. Other factors that could be mechanical (which should not be your case) depending on the age of your car would be low powersteering fluid or worn parts in the steering system. It would be hard to tell without seeing / or driving the car

Like I mentioned if its not a safety issue give yourself some time to adjust. If its feels extremely sloppy when driving, take it to your dealer for a quick checkup.

Something like that happened to me once. I went back and they did something with the tyres and it seemed to get better.

Other than low air pressure, it's probably out of balance and alignment = take it to a dealership, etc and get it fixed.

To check this AFTER properly inflating it - get the car up to a speed of say 100km/hr, if the steering wheel shudders, then it's likely to be balancing/alignment.