• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks.

Yes it is pretty - and different to a postcard winter scene.

I am just glad to see Papabear back on the snow for the first time since his knee reconstruction....he will be taking it easy and using a pretty big brace .... but at least he is out there.

We have all the boards out getting a check and tune, the trestle table is loaded with snow gear, suitcases are on standby for packing - I better hop to it!

It's snowing, but my day today was UNBELIEVABLE!

*Kid #2 going to NZ realized his passport was still with a teacher at school (getting a Nepal Visa inserted) and they were on school holidays - it took 2 hours, 15 phone calls and a bottle of wine to procure it from a safe!

*Kid #1 realised his jeans were too tight - needed new pair. Also no track pants - he was planning on taking SHORTS!

*Kid #4 limps out of bed with a sprained ankle.

*Kid #3 starts complaining of a runny nose (we have all had a cold, but thought he was the start point - nup!)

*Can't find the documents for the accomodation/lift passes/snowboard school etc...hubby denies; I am sure it was him - that doesn't find them does it!!

*As soon as I finish all the washing in the laundry kid#1 and #2 bring me at least another 2 loads!!

*We finally go shopping to get all the bits and pieces they reckon they need for NZ - new jocks, new socks, new tshirts, jeans etc...feeling slightly better about life....and then I get home to find out that...

******kid #3 has been spewing all over the house - looks like GASTRO!!****

Wah!

And Papabear sweetly asks me "What is up with you?" Doh!

Fingers crossed we all get safely on a plane on Saturday, and NOT with Gastro!!

He definitely has Gastro...it is cyclic and predictable.

Now if it is bacterial we might be OK because I am cutting sick on the disinfectant and hand sanitiser. If it is viral - god help us, I hope it has a quick infection rate so we can spew and be done with it!

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
I could easily swap places with you today GN!
It was a tear your hair out day.
Hoping for better tomorrow.

shit, I'd better not have any kids then, I've no hair as it is!!

On the upside...

Kid has stopped spewing - no-one else is spewing, and there is 40+ cm of fresh powder at Falls Creek right now - and still falling.

It'll be ALRIGHT on the NIGHT as they say.

Have a ball at Falls, Mama. With my baby girl in London teaching, I am well and truly "over" the kid dramas. At least the kind you describe!

No 1 son, however has not been in touch for over 2 years, after he left for US. No contact, no contact details, nothing! They DO get better as they age, sometimes. (but some things are not predictable, at 30+, you'd think he'd understand, Nope!)

Originally Posted By: JA
No 1 son, however has not been in touch for over 2 years, after he left for US. No contact, no contact details, nothing! They DO get better as they age, sometimes. (but some things are not predictable, at 30+, you'd think he'd understand, Nope!)

That's a male for ya!
If I did not do it my Hubby would have NO contact with his own parents and they live less than 20 mintutes away. It never occurs to him.
Maybe if he gets a partner who MEETS you - things will change.
Must be hard though - not to know if he is OK.

Yeah, "meet" me, from the States?? Unless they are around in ski season, I am unlikely to get to meet them. He's not been "home" since he went.

I guess it's called "sh!t happens, get over it!"