Apologies, this is the oldest question: which mountain to work as a foreigner?

Hi guys,

Sorry for probably covering one of the most asked topics, but i couldn't seem to find anything when i searched the Forum.

I am an Australian looking to do a season there next year working. My choices of were originally one of three:

1. Niseko

2. Hakuba

3. Shiga Kogen

I heard though the nightlife is very disappointing at shiga kogen.

So my question is, if i'm looking for a good nightlife, and a good time boarding, which is better?

This is an opinion thing i know, but if people can give me an insight into the nightlife that'd be great!

Thanks a lot!! wave.gif

Niseko certainly hires more foreign workers than any other resort in Japan so the chances of getting employment here are reasonable (will also have more applicants than any other resort). Most companies are currently winding down after this season and won't start hiring for next season until maybe July/August. Do some research on all the companies in town and I would suggest getting off a resume (make sure it's a good one) and then following up later with a phone call. Study up on your Japanese as much as possible as this will greatly enhance your chances of getting employment. If you've had experience in the hospitality industry that will also help. Don't push your love of skiing/boarding too much as most companies are extremely busy in winter and are looking for people who are really prepared to work and not just coming for a bit of fun (even though that's probably exactly why you're coming). All companies here are growing rapidly so job opportuniites are expanding. And yes the nightlife here is awesome.

If you have not got any highly sought after skills right now (not saying you don't, but..) then do some training between now and then. Do a Barista coffee course, bar course, get some wait staff/kitchen experience. Or if you have the skills to work on snow - get some work in Oz this season and a good reference to back it up.