• Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

How many have you broken?

Quote:
You shall have no other Gods but me.

You shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it.

You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.

You shall remember and keep the Sabbath day holy.

Respect your father and mother.

You must not kill.

You must not commit adultery.

You must not steal.

You must not give false evidence against your neighbour.

You must not be envious of your neighbour's goods. You shall not be envious of his house nor his wife, nor anything that belongs to your neighbour.

Actually, there were 15 you know

I'm not voting because I heard the other day that the pope has issued a MODERN 10 commandments...along the lines of you shall not be a paedophile, you shall not commit fraudulent acts, etc etc

LOL

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
I'm not voting because I heard the other day that the pope has issued a MODERN 10 commandments...along the lines of you shall not be a paedophile, you shall not commit fraudulent acts, etc etc

LOL

shit, that means half of his employees need replacing!!!!

They are all a crock of shit, God's words my arse!!

ooopppss!

I was wrong! It was not the 10 commandments, but an extension to the list of MORTAL SINS!

Quote:
The Vatican has extended its list of mortal sins to include 21st century issues such as genetic experimentation, pollution, social injustice, drug abuse and excessive wealth.

UhOh! Heather and Paul are in trouble!!

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
ooopppss!

I was wrong! It was not the 10 commandments, but an extension to the list of MORTAL SINS!

Quote:
The Vatican has extended its list of mortal sins to include 21st century issues such as genetic experimentation, pollution, social injustice, drug abuse and excessive wealth.

UhOh! Heather and Paul are in trouble!!

The vatican are still hypocritical then, just look at the wealth that it holds!!! Instead of always asking for hand outs from the faithful, why not sell some of there artifacts and give the money to their own charities!!!
i hate the Vatican and all it stands for!! (that goes for all organsied religion)

blush.gif sorry.....soap box has been put away!

Gotta agree there!

The wealth held by the Catholic Church is incredible.

What about these then? I found these when I was looking for the Modern Commandments...there are 17 - but perhaps a bit more realistic than anything I have read so far!

Quote:
1. Vote. Democracy only works when people become informed and vote.

2. Obey the law. Work to change any laws that are unjust or unfair.

3. Enjoy life. Rest and treat yourself well. Take the weekend off. Take vacations.

4. Worship as you see fit. Respect the beliefs of others and do not impose your beliefs on them.

5. Honor and respect the worth and dignity of all people. Do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, ability or preferences, or anything else.

6. Don't kill people unless it is unavoidable. Sometimes war, abortion and executions are necessary and legal.

7. Honor and respect your parents. They gave you your start on this earth.

8. Honor and respect your marriage and your spouse. Exclusiveness will suit some relationships but not all. Divorce is sometimes best for all involved. Do it with dignity.

9. Honor and respect your children. Nurture and support them until they have a good start in the world.

10. Do not steal. Coveting is natural, but we do not have to act on it.

11. Tell the truth.

12. Treat others as you would have them treat you.

13. The rich should help the poor. If they do not do it willingly, then tax them.

14. Respect and preserve the environment, for ourselves and our descendants.

15. Search for truth and meaning. Question, read, think, learn and grow.

16. Work for world peace and freedom and justice for all.

17. Don't believe all you read on the WWW, and don't pass on stupid e-mails.

Quote:
Treat others as you would have them treat you.

I like this one. One thing that really gets me mad is the way some people are so caught up in themselves and bad mannered.

Isn't Number 16 Supermans catchphrase? (Or did he just say for Americans rather than 'all'?)

;\)