"'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."

Well having my tax rate reduced by 1 percent for next year, plus a rebate for good behaviour, some free money to subsidise my electricity bills, rates moratorium for a year, plus abolition of tax on beer and wine, life seems to be getting better.

Placate the masses with their own money.

Originally Posted By: Indo
Yep most people don't know what's going on but the successful people seem to manage.

As MB said, don't skimp on the accountant!

And make sure you give him the BEST Christmas gift - after all a nice big basket of premium Christmas fruits and a fancy bottle of plonk is a small price to pay on top of his fee to be a 'mate' and kept in the loop of all the new investment opportunities!! ;\)

what bugs me about the Tax man is that he freely and instantly takes taxes off your pay cheque, but when he has taken too much, does he own up and tell you? Does he calculate it himself and send it back almost as instantly as he took it?? Does he f*#k!! He makes you jump thru hoops filling out forms, waiting ages on the money that he effectively stole from you! Wa&%*#s!!! mad.gif

Originally Posted By: mina2
There you go, your company losing money for the first few years but still paying the tax. Then you go and make a bit of a profit for the first time and the taxes pile up and I am told next year if we make a profit again as we are now in the clear the taxes on the profit will be in total close to 50%.

\:\(

Why did your company pay tax when you were losing money? And why can't it just pay bonuses to yourself and other staff if corporation tax is going to be 50%? Do you pay income tax at that rate?

As for the big picture, its a bugger when everything is going through other people's books. Oh to be cash in hand.