looking for someone to ride with on Sunday, Feb. 24th @ Kagura

To make a long story short, I bought the JR ski pass to go up to Kagura tomorrow, but the friend that was supposed to meet me there is bailing on me. I'm looking for someone to ride with, but no beginners and no scary back country stuff. Sorry. Also, I'm not anti-skiers, but I've only gone with skiers this season, and I'd really, really like to go with some boarders. I'd be coming up from Tokyo, taking the 6:30 am-ish shinkansen, so the most realistic meeting time would be 9 am at Kagura Mitsumata (not Tashiro).

Let me know! I am oodles of fun to be around.

• SnowJapan Admin

Heavy snow and strong winds are forecast tonight and into tomorrow, which MIGHT mean that parts or all of Kagura might not be able to be open tomorrow.... thought I'd just mention that - I have just update the Yuzawa Now page if you want more.

i'm now undecided with the possibility of wind closure at kagura. i didn't know parts of it were closed today. i think i'm going to sleep on it and decide in the morning and try to get a weather report. since i'd just be going up for the day, i want to make sure that it's worth it.

i'm not able to access the private message thingy, so how do i get a hold of you if we're to meet up?

-tammy

If I were you I'd stay tucked up in bed.

It's blizzard here at the moment (I live just to the north of Yuzawa) and tons forecast overnight with strong winds all through tomorrow. Only the Mitsumata part of Kagura was open today (not worth it) and I doubt there'll be much change tomorrow, possibly even totally closed.

Then again the weather may turn, but the forecasts are all for snow/wind.

thanks for the current weather report, muikabochi (as well as SJ). you being in yuzawa would know best. and thanks RobBright. another time, eh? this is like the most helpful and supportive community i've ever been in, and i don't even know you people. you treat me better than my own family.

as the styx once sang, domo arigato!

You're welcome.

You never know, the weather forecasts have been known to be wrong. (It does seem unlikely this time though....)

I was at Kagura yesterday and fantastic weather, if you're interested

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/260569#Post260569

how quickly it changes!

yep

had the pleasure of going to Tashiro on the bus and being turned away?

then asked them if tomorrow will be better and the man said he doubts it.

Now stuck at Echigo yuzawa waiting for Shinkansen home.?

that really sucks. sorry you had to go through that mess. i'm going right now to see if i can can a refund on my JR Ski Ski pass. japan seems to be pretty good on the refund dept. in my experience. i might try to go next weekend, but it all depends on a friday work deadline that i may or may not make. anybody else up for going up to kagura next sat. or sun. march 1st or 2nd?

yeah - feel like fifty tons of doggy doo fell on me - was so excited about it and then getting turned away - just really screwed up my weekend - kinda strange as never really felt this way about snowboarding before - just took it for granted but these days really make me appreciate the ones I do get.

did you manage to get a refund on your bus/lift tix? i went back to the JR station where i had gotten my shink/lift tix combo, and after a flurry of paperwork, phone calls to the head office and other dramatic standard procedures, it was no problemo transferring my unused tix to another date. are you up for going this weekend? yeah, i wasn't that into snowboarding last season, but this season i can't get enough. it's all about my new boots doing all the work for me.