• SnowJapan Admin

Hi

Check the Yuzawa Now reports:

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/daily/yuzawa-now.php

(you can see previous years daily reports)

NASPA is town level and it closes in early April (I presume after the days you are staying). Normally it would be ok I think, but last year it was closed by April. There is more snow this year though. Expect spring conditions and probably very mild almost warm weather.

Keep your eye on that report above for daily updates.

• SnowJapan Admin
  • SnowJapan Admin

Yes sorry perhaps I should have mentioned that. Kagura will most definitely be fine, and a fair few resorts will surely be open then - Naeba, Gala Yuzawa, Kandatsu, Iwappara to name but a few. They are also easy to get to as Naspa is only a few minutes bus ride from the station. Things like that are probably mentioned in the reports.

\:\)

Last year was awful hey, places were closing mid March.

But this year is different and you should be fine if things stay on course even at Naspa. But places like Gala and Kagura will still be really good round then.

Thanks for all the suggestions. The web site says Gala Yuzawa is closed. I didn't know Kagura was so close to the train I'll see if they do english ski lessons. Have tried to contact Yuzawa Kogen re lessons though they have no email and not answering phone. (very expensive to ring from Australi) Too much information on the web sites to work out what is close to train so thanks everyone for your help. Wylma