Thanks to this site, I was able to check out the Maiko resort in Minamiuonuma yesterday. I had never heard of it before seeing it on here and entering the giveaway. In fact, I know very little about skiing in Japan in general so I was so happy to win that and get a ticket.

Anyway my friends and I drove up from Saitama early morning. We knew that it was going to be busy so decided to be there for the first lift at 8am.

We were on one of the first gondolas and then the first quad lift over at the bowl (thanks muikabochi for all the info and photos you posted before, we knew where to go!!) As you can see, we got some coudroy! The snow was great.

Early on it was sunny, but it clouded over and by lunchtime the resort was busy and the skies were grey. Even though it did get busy, we had a great day and recommend the resort to people at our level (above beginner, lower intermediate perhaps). There are some good courses over there and the views truly are wonderful.

My photos are here

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/insider/photo_section.php?userid=Snow-Monkey

Snow-Monkey_23.jpg

Snow-Monkey_19.jpg

Thank you again Snowjapan for this wonderful website and for the lift ticket. We really appreciate what you do. \:\)

Maiko has something for the more advanced as well in a good park and pipe. I don't know if they have set up the big features yet but they put in some serious rails by spring. They have a tendancy to build step-up jumps, as opposed to the more common step downs, which is a nice change as well as more forgiving.