Looks like I'll be back in Sapporo on Friday, 15 February. I probably won't be working on the 19th thru the 21st, so I'll hit Teine, Kokusai, or Kiroro... maybe Onze - depending on how the conditions look. I'm going to be in Niseko from Friday the 22nd thru Sunday the 24th, so if anyone is going to be around, drop me a line and I'll look for you on the mountain!

In Sapporo. Flight got delayed a little, but not cancelled, so I'm happy. There was a nice drop going on in town last night - it's still lightly flurrying now. Keep it up until next Tuesday onegaishimasu!

Off to Obihiro...

There was nothing new yesterday at Sapporo Kokusai, but I managed to find some less-ridden off-piste stuff to have fun on. It was pretty ridden out by the end of the day. The sky hazed over after lunch and a really slight hint of snowfall began. It snowed all last night, so this morning, there was about 5cm unsettled in the city. The snow was falling heavily on the bus ride out to Kokusai today. There was about 15cm unsettled at the base, and more up top, depending on where you were - some places were over half-a-meter deep from the wind redepositing things. Additional snow fell all day. It seems to have stopped as of sunset, and clear skies have returned. I'll be in Niseko tomorrow - I hope there will still be something left there for me!

I'm trying to leave Niseko right now. It was nice on Friday, but no new snowfall during the day. Saturday was dropping pretty good, then it turned to a full-on blizzard by afternoon. It was the same this morning, so at least the Annupuri lifts didn't open at all. Supposedly the weather will clear a bit by afternoon, but I can still hear the wind howling outside like it's nobody's business. It looks like all horrible crusty windpack covered with bark and twigs outside now.