In my experience showshoes have been pretty much as fast as skins uphill until you have to start going down small downhills or flats. Does anyone have anyone have anything good or bad to say re the burton or voile system vs snowshoes? Heading to Whistler next week and was going to look for a deal on a Prior but haven't convinced myself that it's worth the expense. Also does anyone have a view on skins vs snowshoes from a safety perspective? Any feedback appreciated...

• SnowJapan Admin

stillnoprogress, I have turned on PMs for your account.

Asking us by contacting us directly is always the easiest and fastest way to get our attention.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys

It doesn't look like this topic was going anywhere BUT if you're interested in learning a little about splitboards. I just posted some videos on youtube. just go to the youtube page, then search for "gaperann" (my username). The videos are Splitboard 1, 2, and 3. Watch them in order. Only like 60 seconds each - basically showing how easy it is to use.

I made it to advertise the board I'm selling. Please see the "Classifieds (Gear)" forum and look under "1. Burton Split Board AND 2. Surf board FOR SALE!!!!"