Matriarch of the family next door is an extremely fit and active lady in, I guess, her early 70's. She's always busy and always on the run.

She does the dog runs. It's the native Japanese curly tail. I feel sorry for her (the dog). Every time she wants to stop for a sniff and a piss, there's a snatch on the tow-rope, and she's dragged off scrabbling in the snow and ice. An impatient mistress. Bad form.

heh, last week my inlaws 'went to tripping' so I had the honour of walking the dog (black lab)...she is a pain in the arse to walk, she knows every dog in the area so wants to sniff every square inch of the road and rice fields, she just about rips your arm out of your socket sometimes.

A sniff every now and then and doing the business is fine but every 5 metres gets rather tedious.

I love it and she hates it when I ride the bike and she has to canter along beside, no time for sniffing then.

One of my neighbours has a golden retriever and I take him out for walks every few days. Love it. Fantastic dog. She can stop and sniff just as much as she wants.