Why are you reading this? I'm wondering the same thing but anyways, here's a trip report from my day at Dynaland.

I went up there with some Japanese friends Friday night. We took a mix a highways and down roads to save some yen and we arrived at the resort at 4:00 A.M. We slept about 3 hours before getting ready for the day.

It was cloudy, not very cold and, surprisingly not insanely crowded. This is probably due to the cloudy forecast and lack of recent snowfall (which was predicted for today cry.gif). The conditions were pretty alright though, considering the recent weather. I guess their crew knows how to take care of the runs.

With the aptly named Yama-san, we made our way over to the Takasu side to hike up a little to enjoy some off-piste riding back to Dynaland. We followed in the footsteps of three middle-aged men who preceded us downhill: it was the least we could do after they had hiked up first, providing us with a hassle-free ascent in the deepish, crusty snow.

The ride down was alright, although no recent snowfall and the previous days' sunshine had crusted the snow. But it was still much better than riding on the somewhat crowded runs.

But I was quite disappointed to find out that a part of the resort, to the top and left from the main lodge, had been abandoned. There use to be some decent runs there, operated by a single lift. We still rode down on one of the slopes getting out of our off-piste adventure, but considering the size of the resort, I can't see how any gerende would close off parts of its terrain.

All in all, it was an alright day. I was not going there with high expectations, and I got what I was looking for: a warm-up to this week's trip to Rusutsu, Hokkaido.