OK..So we have all had postal hiccups, losses, delays or whatever - at least I hope it is not just me!!!

I am currently waiting on a few parcels of snow toys and t-shirts that I ordered from Amazon USA in July that were forwarded by a friend in Texas - they have already done a round trip being refused entry due to 'breach of postal codes by attempting to send merchandise disguised as gifts" - and I am HOPING like HECK they get here before Christmas! This time she has wrapped them, mixed up the items and added cards and candy - here's hoping - but they have taken 2 weeks already....

BUT..I just heard on tonights news that a Christmas card sent in 1914 has just reached it's destination, although the recipient had died her Sister in law recieved it. It slipped behind something in a Nebraska post office! HECK - I hope all my missing parcels turn up quicker than THAT!

Have you got any Postal nightmare stories?

MB, you should look into expatexpress.com when ordering things from the US. It works out really well for Japan and they are experts on shipping so they always seem to be able to give me better quotes that my friends can by buying stuff and posting it on.

Just had a look at it MeJane...looks good, except for EG we ordered some stuff direct from Tactics (the snow and skate board store listed) recently - and although they are shipping direct to us, they could not ship 2 of the items because of thier brand....seems bizarre to me in this day of international cyber-malls!!! But ohhh well!

They have a disclaimer that some items may not be able to be sent to some countries - and I am NOT talking about quarentine regs and wood/plant matter - stupid things like they can't send Burton things from the USA to Australia, yet you can buy Burton things at the store down the road - just not the things we want!!

BTW - says noting on the site about if you are NOT an expat and want to use the site - I wonder if they accept Aussies with an addiction to Reeses?

It's just to protect the licensee's.

I couldn't buy any of the Ben 10 stuff I wanted for my kids from the US cartoon network site or amazon but from ebay I could.

How did ya stuff get refused into Oz.

Surely they don't give a rats as long as you pay duty if it's needed.

Did your friend forward it in the priginal packaging??

I have no idea Indo.

She used the USA Pre-paid Airmail boxes and repacked it, but I think she said she included the invoice reciept from Amazon...but even so I do not understand why they even opened the box!!

Random check maybe?

I am hoping that she has not been flagged to be checked every time now. Ticks me off because I am not bringing in sellable quantities - just Christmas gifts for my kids and nieces and nephews that I could not get here. For my kids it was snow stuff - lets face it - Perth doesn't get much snow, and therefore doesn't carry any cool gear (in the way of toys particularly). And my SIL is v religious - and bible belt USA yielded some very cool Christian tee shirts for the whole family. I would have thought the PO would have bigger fish to fry than lil ol me trying to give people a WOW!CHristmas!

Thing that puzzles me Mamabear is why they rejected it in the first place!

Was it the US side or the Aussie side that rejected it?

The US I might be able to understand but OZ? Very strange..

I think it's just the voodo package!.

Having said that, I have a suitcase full of pressies and if they don't arrive with us in OZ on Sat there will be no pressies this year! \:o

I think it was rejected STATE side - not in Oz.

It might have been the package with the Yaktrax - I bought them for Mr Injuredness to clip over his shoes if it gets too slippery - to protect all that knee reconstruction work... they would have been a wirey metal thing and maybe on x-ray raised some concerns...hence checking and finding the invoice inside.

I am just hoping that they delay is due to heavy Christmas postage. I sent my pack to her by ECI (2-3 days) and that was Friday - nothing yet - that tells me things are taking a bit longer internationally.

I have faith!

Heres hoping your suitcase trvels well!!!