So, I have a week in Japan at the beginning of March, and looking to get back on the slopes since the snow is usually so far way. Through reading all the good stuff you guys have here on these forums (great stuff all, thanks!), I get the impression that the snow season should still be good everywhere then. But wanting some comfirmation. I am leaning toward Hakuba because: a) It seems convenient to Tokyo, where I am flying through, and may want to be tourist for a day or so; B) Looks to have a good Apre-ski atmostphere, though I understand I probably won't find much of a Whistler-town experience at any mountain over there. . ., and c) you guys talk it up so much that I know it must have lots going for it.

So, is March a good time of year for Hakuba, or are there other areas I should really go instead.

Also, I would like to ride my own gear, but Japan isn't my only stop on this trip, so don't want to be lugging a board through rest of trip. I've seen lots of info on traveling with your stuff, but not much about shipping it. Any info on if I can mail to wherever I'd be staying?

Thanks for info all.

-Daniel

Aloha nui braddah! got a few hawaiian locals on here...

You'll have a good time anywhere from Hakuba, Nozawa, Shiga, Niseko etc...there could be epic powder or Spring Lines could be opening up. Depends what youre after. You can ship stuff from the airport to wherever youre staying so you wont have to lug it around.

Mostly encouraging about time, thanks all. Hopefully we have a good beginning of March and end of March, eh Mantas? Same as you, wanted to ride a bit earlier, but work intervened for me. CB, know exactly the stuff you are talking about with shipping from airport, or what I read from the forum posts about services. My problem is I am going to other countries besides Japan. Carrying it to/from Narita wouldn't be an issue, but don't want to lug the board & stuff around with me in SE Asia. \:\)