Hi there,

Me and a few buddies are heading over for three weeks late JAN/FEB 08. We are going to be based at a place in Kutchan. Can anyone let me know the following:

1. How far do we have to go to get on the first chair/gondola?

2. When finshed for the day; how far do we have to go for general ammenities, food and beer? (in Kutchan)

I think that is the basics covered, if I have missed anything can you guys let me know...

Cheers...

5-20 mins drive to get to lifts

Depends on where in Kutchan you are staying as to distance to food/drinks most likely short walking distance

ski shop there is worth a look, also supermarkets there unlike Hirafu

I assume you'll have a car if you are staying in Kutchan? What is the name of the place you are staying at?

Kutchan is a pretty small town and just about everything is within walking distance but really depends on where your accomm is.

It's inevitable that Kutchan will get more popular. Many long term staff are making the move down there for cheaper rental and the conveniences of living in a town rather than a ski resort. Plus you actually feel like you are living in Japan rather than little Australia.

Originally Posted By: Captain Stag
5-20 mins drive to get to lifts

Depends on where in Kutchan you are staying as to distance to food/drinks most likely short walking distance

ski shop there is worth a look, also supermarkets there unlike Hirafu

OK sweet, thanks CS...

Whats up with the Supermarkets?

Originally Posted By: Go Native
I assume you'll have a car if you are staying in Kutchan? What is the name of the place you are staying at?

Kutchan is a pretty small town and just about everything is within walking distance but really depends on where your accomm is.

GN,

Staying at a mates house. They got a Van there so Transport wont be an issue. Will check on the Street name...
 Originally Posted By: GeeP

Staying at a mates house. They got a Van there so Transport wont be an issue. Will check on the Street name...

That's an easy one. Streets don't have names and houses don't have numbers. This is Japan, mate.
 Originally Posted By: Go Native
There is sort of a house number or at least lot number but yep no street name.

Cheers, there is a lesson in itself!

Originally Posted By: thursday
GN, he's staying at a mate's house. Must be one of your gaijin crew, collect beers please.

Definately foreigners!? Whats up with the Beer Collection?

GP
  • 2 weeks later...