I have been scanning the forums to see if there was any info about the new lift that has been built this summer at Niseko to take the pressure of the beginners run...but haven't found anything.

Anyone point me in the direction of an existing thread...?

Or anybody got any info about the new lift?

Curious as a Cheshire cat over here!

Originally Posted By: big-will
check the niseko now page

I have been - DAILY - for like 2 months... \:D
Repeat after me - "It is not an addiction it is just a healthy fascination with a 'new to me' sport that will improve my fitness!" blush.gif

That is where I read that a new lift was being installed, and I read that it was going to take the pressure off the beginners slope at Ace Family, and also that it was located somewhere near the Gondola...

SOoooooo...I was just wondering if there is anymore info... Maybe it is hidden somewhere on Niseko Now...I just couldn't find it..

Love the pic's though!!

From Go Native. You may want to PM him.

"They are putting in a lift near the current gondola that will go only a short way up the hill to a little existing restaurant. This is to create a beginners area, hence the flattening of the ski run. It should help relieve a little of the congestion on the gondola (hopefully) and should remain open when the wind is too high for the gondola.

Niseko is definitely not 'hardcore' but has some of the most consistently deep powder anywhere on the planet which is why people come here. Most foreign skiers who are not used to deep powder find plenty of challenging terrain around the hill though."

The thread is here:

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Main/13829/Number/233370#Post233370

Yeah... I saw that photo on the website a few days ago - can't remember WHERE on the site...but it was that photo that really piqued my intrigue!

It looks from that pic that the lift is going up at a right hand right angle to the Gondola itself. From my hazy memories of April there was nada over that side when I was there - but I might just have my bearings off...

The Gondola was only open weekends in April - so we didn't use it that much, but I treked up there and practiced on my little hire board on the GENTLE GENTLE run in at the bottom for the first few days until I scored an instructor - it was practically deserted so perfect for me at the time.

We are staying RIGHT there - so I am interested for the babybears sake...