So would I be right in assumng these two resorts are joined and share passes as I read on a review from last year? That hasn't changed has it?

Anyone got any advice on the best resort to buy a pass for in Hakuba, I'm there from 28th Dec to 2nd Jan, and am up for anything......staying in Hakuba Goyru. I know my timing ain't the best but I'd prefer fewer crowds.

Is that for Goryu or Sunalpina?

Sunalpina-lots of pensions in the village of same name, short walk to lifts.

Aoki lake-fantastic christmas spot, lakeside pensions, great italian food (for edge of ski area), short pleasant walk to ski area.

Kashimari-good nightaaaa, pensions and on-site hotel.

Better book quick for christmas/new year though... drop into a travel agents and mention the destination, let them do the work.

Good luck!

db you loverboy. Happo isnt too bad. 47/goryu will be crowded if they cant get enough of the bottom open. If the bottom can be opened almost fully then no problems. waited there 1 hour once when the snow was skinny down low. Happo if the snow pack is low has alot more up high. sun alpina is low but a family type place, looks like there are some nice lines there in the trees though. Cortina if you have a car no lines period ok a minute or 2 and hour before and after lunch. good little place cheap tickets look at the discount link.

Me? loverboy??? lol.gif Mate, I wish. No loverboy this xmas unless I find a resort with a A-Class brothel attached for the consumption of warm and smooth skinned xmas cheer.

I put your funny comments down to the chipper mood that this first snow fall has put you in.

I am tempted to just fly to Niseko and be done with it. That way I know there is snow.

Can you get rentals in Niseko?