OK, my boss (a partner in a law firm) has asked me for some advice on a snowboard trip to Japan.

As he is a novice snowboarder and this will be his first time to Japan, I was going to recommend maybe Niseko/Rusutsu etc or a trip to Hakuba & Nozawa Onsen. I think it's probably be best if he goes with a tour operator - basically I want to ensure he has a smooth trip and an enjoyable holiday. Money is not so much of an issue. He will also need to rent a board and boots.

With this in mind, are there any Aussie based operators anyone on here would recommend? Other than my first trip to Japan, where we went with NPC in Niseko, we've managed to travel around by ourselves quite easily, so I don't really know which operations are good or bad.

I don't want to turn this into a slangin match about bad experiences with certain operators or whatever, and I understand if SJ is sensitive about folks hyping up certain operators. if that's the case, please send me a PM.

Cheers All

• SnowJapan Admin

Thanks spook. We are indeed sensitive about this kind of thing for a number of reasons which might not be initially apparent - including people hyping up some operators and the opposite where people take the opportunity to slag off certain operations, so to speak. It has happened in the past and it has previously put us in a very awkward situation - even though it wasn't "us" making the comments.

Before the season starts we are planning to be a bit clearer about policies on here re: links and stuff, but for now please keep any specifics via PM.

Thanks for your understanding.

cheers thursday and TJ OZ

i've also dug around on the net, and can't believe how many operators there are these days..

and thanks SJ for your understanding. I really don't want to tread on anyone's toes, so if this thread turns into a debate about these companies, please feel free to remove it

hey Spook,

Just Google "Well fancy Japan Accommodation for Novice Snowboarders who Sue people".

Should get a few results =)

You are dead right tho, there are stacks of tour ops, many run from over east I have found. I was going to go on one of these until I saw that It would cost me $1500 just for them to organize, so figured I'd join this forum, meet some poeople & do it myself.

make sure he joins up here, will help his experience heaps..

I think it was already "inmferred" that o=money is not an issue. he's a lawyer =)

And yeah, if I were him, i'd go on a package trip. i went on a few, one to Italy, and another to France, was really good, no stress, cept you are kinda made to meet @ base at acertain time, which meant less boarding.

I think he'll love it...