hi guys just have a quick question, and am wanting some opinions .

ive been riding a BURTON UNINC freestyle board for the last 3 seasons and i love them , but i want something a bit softer. not a jibstick, but just a bit softer.

just wanting some opinions on the:

FORUM Destroyer, RIDE DH, FORUM youngblood.

im wondering which of these boards will suit my needs, of being a killer board in the park. i love the uninc , but just wanting something a bit more pressable.

thanks for looking .

from Transworld snowboarding's good wood awards:

Ride DH 157

Ride rose to the challenge this year with an offering in both the men's and women's boards. Board Designer Harold Waldron says a lot of it is owed to the Slimewalls, which are 85A durameter urethane sidewalls that, according to Waldron, "are softer than the rest of the world's sidewalls-they really smooth out your line." The DH 157 was created for the freestyle-minded.

Company Line

"The DH feels familiar, and it's confidence building-almost like you've ridden it somewhere before."

Test Crew Feedback

Pros:

- "This board had an awesome flex."

- "Stable when sliding boxes."

- "Versatility of this board is one of the best yet."

Cons:

I know you didn't ask about other boards but I think you should get the lib tech banana board.

or anything from Capita.

or how about the burton jussi or jeremy jones?

Rome boards always have a great reviews (from people I know) and Nitro has 20 million different freestyle boards.

have u been to a shop and flexed the boards in question, or will you need to order the board sight unseen?

yeah try the burton forum...there is a wealth of knowledge on there...a lot of smart arse posters too though so make sure you ask the right kind of questions, Like any forum i guess!

i'd have to agree with kumapix, the ride dh is a sick board, very nice choice for something soft but not too soft. the carbon torsion rods stiffen it up when needed but are placed so that if your doing park, boxes etc its still soft too press, butter etc.

i rode the 2008 153 danny kass gnu with magnetraction...now thats a soft board...but very fun i have to say...rode reasonably well at speed too!

Ride DH is the best of the three you mention, and has the flex you say you are looking for (playful and soft, but not a noodle).

But you don't say which UNINC you are riding? This makes any comparison meaningless to comment on, as they have really different flexes. The 156 is way stiffer than the 154 and 158.

The waist width of the DH is also going to be wider, compared to an unincm, which will feel different when you ride it.

Originally Posted By: AK 77
Ride DH is the best of the three you mention, and has the flex you say you are looking for (playful and soft, but not a noodle).

But you don't say which UNINC you are riding? This makes any comparison meaningless to comment on, as they have really different flexes. The 156 is way stiffer than the 154 and 158.

The waist width of the DH is also going to be wider, compared to an unincm, which will feel different when you ride it.

i have found no difference in the 156 uninc to the 158.
i have the 05 model 156 and so does my buddy (158)
i snapped mine this year..so i'll have the 08 on in a week, already bought just waiting for my cousins New DH to get to the shipper!
I thought maybe a difference in flex on the shorter unincs, only cause of length...(more pressing weight?) but have never experienced it.

Intersting, I rode the Unincs of friends 2 and 3 seasons ago, and found the 158 to be pretty mellow flex-wise, kind of standard medium flex, but the 156 was much stiffer between the feet - a very 'solid feeling' flex.

152 would feel softer, i guess, unless you are a small person, due to more weight pressing on it, as you say.