FUKUOKAHakata ramen rocks... but I need snow!

Anyone living down here in Fukuoka knows it's a great place... Shouchu a plenty but now it's time to hit the slopes it's a fair journey to the not-so-much talked about Hiroshima ski-jous.

Anyway, anyone else feel my vibe?

From Kyushu-side

flipside, I just moved here this August, so there isn't a 'usually' established yet. If it were a normal season, I'd probably try a few of the places in Shikoku, Shimane and Hiroshima, and maybe aim to get in a trip to Hokkaido. But until it starts getting wintery for sure, I don't see much point in getting excited.

Over New Year, unless it really dumps, I'll be trying out some moutainboarding places in Ehime and Kochi. There are some good mountainboarding resorts in Kyushu too. It's worth checking out if you like a bit of green downhill action.

Well, I'm pretty sure ramen is all over the place in Japan. Noodle soup, wicked when eaten on cold wintery nights to warm the soul (not to mention a shouchu on the side to add some fire). Hakata ramen is of the pork broth variety and very tasty. Think you get the picture.